We pride ourselves on the range of extra-curricular opportunities we offer - before, during and after school!
Before and After School Clubs
Our staff run a range of clubs before and after school. We levy a small charge for these activities to help cover the cost of staffing and resources/equipment:
- Rise and Shine - every morning from 7.45am to 8.45am
- 325Club - 3.15pm to 5.30pm
- Multi-Sports - Tuesdays 3.15 to 4.15pm
- Gardening - Wednesdays 3.15 to 4pm
- Junior Sports - Fridays 3.15 to 4pm
Trips & Visitors
Having our own school minibus means that we are able to take children on trips regularly without the expense of coach hire. Pupils in each class benefit from at least 2 trips out per term and often more. We also have a busy programme of visitors to school, helping to bring learning to life!
This year alone children have benefited from the following (to name but a few):
- Jodrell Bank (Science - Earth and Beyond).
- Helmshore Textile Mill (History - Victorians).
- Ribchester (History - Romans).
- Liverpool Museum (Natural History).
- Holmeswood Wood (Art - Sculpture Trail).
- Chapel Gallery (Art).
- Wild Things Outdoors (Resilience and Teamwork).
- Life Education Bus (Personal, Social & Health Education).
- Ormskirk Magistrates Court (PSHE - democracy and the judicial system).
- Clay workshop.
- Nutrition and Healthy Eating Talks delivered by West Lancs Community Voluntary Service..
- Online Safety Workshops delivered by Coram Life Education Charity.
- Mobile Farm visit.
- Knowsley Safari Park.
- International Aid Trust Depot (delivering Operation Christmas Child shoe-boxes).
- Performance of The BFG at Bolton's Octagon Theatre.
- Science Under the Stars event at Edge Hill University.
- Clog Dancing workshops followed by a performance at Tarleton Academy.
During the summer term each year we take children in the Junior class (7-11 yr olds) on a residential holiday. We alternate between an Outdoor and Adventurous Activity holiday and a cultural excursion. Venues we have visited in past years inlcude:
- 2019 - tbc!
- 2018 - Ambleside
- 2017 - Cardiff
- 2016 - Anglesey
- 2016 - Ski Trip to Abernethy, Scotland
- 2015 - London (Upper Juniors)
- 2015 - Borwick (Lower Juniors)
- 2014 - Elterwater, Cumbria
- 2013 - Edinburgh
- 2012 - Betwy-y-Coed, North Wales
- 2011 - London
- 2010 - Hawkshead, Cumbria
- 2009 - Cardiff
- 2008 - Keswick, Cumbria